The Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey established the UNIA♦ACL on
Monday, July 20, 1914 in Kingston, Jamaica.
The President General [Hon. Michael R. Duncan from Jamaica] is the working head of the Universal Negro Improvement Association and African Communities League, and he is responsible for the entire working and carrying out of all commands. He shall instruct all officers on their duties and see that such duties are properly performed. Under the leadership of Hon. Michael R. Duncan (since August 2016), the UNIA has achieved much:
1. 2020: Creation of Liberty Farms in Africa
2. 2019: First UNIA International Convention held in Africa in Liberia in August
3. 2019: Return of the AFRICAN REDEMPTION FUND
4. 2019: Return of the Garvey’s Voice – Official Publication of the UNIA
5. 2017: Creation of the FACA♦ROC – following in the footsteps of Hon. Marcus Garvey – distribution of all dry goods, fish, juices, meats, produce, and vegetables
6. 2015: Establishment of COMMUNITY FOCUS Radio Show in New York (Monday & Tuesday, 8 – 9 PM)
7. 2016: Expansion of the UNIA Soccer Program – Rosedale Soccer Club
2nd Assistant President General
The Second Assistant President General [Bro. Raymond Dugué from New York] is pictured on the Nile River in Kemet (2020). He assists the President General in the performance of such duties of his office as shall be assigned to him by the President General. He is responsible for the Division Presidents, Minister of Education, Minister of Membership, and Minister of Science & Technology
4th Assistant President General
Minister of Arts and Culture
The Minister of Arts and Culture [Sis. Delali Osun Haligah from Africa & USA] is responsible for the promotion and promulgation of traditional and contemporary African culture throughout the UNIA. Sis. Delali has lived in West Africa, East Africa, London, and the USA as well as Jamaica and is the proud owner of Osun Designs and the creator of Queens Fashion Week.